- Play songs you all enjoy. And definitely sing along just for the simple joy of embarrassing your kids.
- If you can prevent travel sickness it is going to be a much better road trip for all concerned! Products such as seasickness tablets and sea bands (yes, there is a junior size) are very effective at preventing motion sickness.
- What car games did you play as a child? Eye-spy or points for spotting yellow cars are firm favourites.
- Download kid-friendly audiobooks.
- Pack snacks - especially those that take a while to eat, like popcorn.
- Download fun apps. If your kids don’t feel sick while using a phone in the car a few app games will past the time.
- Talk! This is the perfect opportunity to talk about what everyone wants to do when you reach your destination. You have a captive audience and no threat of someone wandering off mid-way through!
- Make sure your dog or cat is secure in their seat, so they don’t distract the driver.
- Take one of their favourite toys to help your pet occupied.
- If your pet is prone to car sickness, visit your local pet shop and see what product they recommend. There are usually drops that can help them with anxiety and motion sickness. Pets travelling on an empty means they are less likely to be sick as well.
- Make sure your dog has had some exercise before climbing into the car, meaning they are more likely to sleep during the journey.
Allow both dogs and children stretch their legs every couple of hours – every hour if they are prone to feeling unwell. Perhaps some fish and chips at a park and by a beach. Even just some outside time and a trip to the toilet, while you’re filling the car up with petrol, will revive them a little.
Our easy - 3 step shipping process×
Tell us the pick up location and we'll arrange a date & time
We handle all customs & shipping including insurance
Enjoy your toy, after it's delivered to your door anywhere in NZ.