Car Shipping Services Australia
If you need to take your car with you,
then talk to us.
Whether you need to ship your car to New Zealand from Australia or to Australia from New Zealand, McCullough will look after your vehicle with as much care as you would to ensure fast and secure delivery to its final destination.
Let us do all the hard work and experience our stress-free, transparent 1-2-3 step service.
Shipping as Easy as 1-2-3
If you are a private individual
Step 1: Collection and Packing at origin
Step 2: Shipping
Step 3: Delivery to chosen location
Things to bear in mind when shipping TO Australia from New Zealand:
- You should start planning about 1 month beforehand
- Our shipping routes to Australia are direct and take 4 to 8 days, depending on the service you have chosen:
We offer this service from Auckland, discharging at Port Kembla (Sydney), Melbourne, Brisbane, and Fremantle.
This service is available from Lytttelton and Auckland, discharging at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Fremantle.
- Prior to shipping your vehicle to Australia, you must have applied for and received a Vehicle Import Approval. This document is issued by the Department of Infrastructure and Transport in Australia – you can find out more about them by clicking here.Their useful website provides all the information you need to complete this application, including a questionnaire which will help you determine whether your vehicle qualifies and which application is suitable. To go directly to the questionnaire, please click here.
- The application process can take up to 17 days.
- Vehicles manufactured before 1st January 1989 can be imported by anyone.
- To be successful, applicants shouldn't have imported another road vehicle owned by them in the 12 months preceding their current application.
Things to bear in mind when shipping FROM Australia to New Zealand:
- Start preparing for shipping as soon as possible so that we can ship your vehicle at the earliest opportunity.
- Our shipping routes from Australia are direct and take 4 to 8 days, depending on the service you have chosen:
- We offer this service from Brisbane, Port Kembla (Sydney) and Melbourne, discharging in Auckland, Nelson, Wellington and Lyttelton.
This service is available from Brisbane, Sydney, Fremantle and Melbourne, discharging in all the main New Zealand ports.
Before shipping your motorbike, car, caravan or motorhome, we recommend that you:
- Take pictures of the inside and outside of your vehicle as they will be required should you need to make an insurance claim.
- Make sure that your vehicle complies with New Zealand Safety and Emission Standards. McCullough Ltd can consult with their technical expert to make sure your vehicle will comply.
Click here to see the Gallery of Vehicles we recently shipped.
Top Car Shipping Tips
For Stress-Free Car Shipping to and From Australia
- Check whether your vehicle is eligible for free entry into New Zealand from Australia.
- If your vehicle was manufactured in Australia, there will be no duty payable when it returns to Australia.
“We were genuinely worried about our much loved Commodore being damaged in loading and shipping from Australia to NZ. However, Joe immediately set us at ease with his knowledge and his calm can-do attitude. He personally stayed in touch while our Commodore was in transit – just to keep us up-to-date and manage any trepidation. McCullough provided us a trustworthy, first class service with flawless execution.”
Ross Hill – Jan 2011
Our easy - 3 step shipping process×
Tell us the pick up location and we'll arrange a date & time
We handle all customs & shipping including insurance
Enjoy your toy, after it's delivered to your door anywhere in NZ.